Lewandowski: Romania-Poland halted as flare explodes by ace
Friday's World Cup qualifier had to be stopped for several minutes after a firecracker was thrown onto the field and went off by the striker.
Poland's 3-0 World Cup qualifying win in Romania had to be stopped for several minutes after a firecracker went off next to visiting striker Robert Lewandowski.
Flare explodes at forward's feet
The incident happened early in the second half in Bucharest, with the away side leading 1-0 courtesy of Kamil Grosicki's 11th-minute opener.
Thrown onto the pitch by the home fans, the object landed right by Lewandowski, before exploding as he tried to draw referee Damir Skomina's attention to it.
The Bayern Munich man immediately fell to the turf and required treatment from the Polish medical staff, but fortunately was able to carry on.
Lewandowski went on to score the Poles' second of the night with eight minutes remaining, and in time added on completed his double from the penalty spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Kobe Bryant tragedy: "Heartbroken" LeBron James breaks silence
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Lakers-Clippers clash postponed by NBA after Kobe Bryant death
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon