Betis: Víctor Sánchez del Amo in for Gustavo Poyet
Poyet's departure as Real Betis head coach has been confirmed, with the ex-Deportivo La Coruña and Olympiakos boss taking over.
Former Deportivo La Coruña and Olympiakos boss Víctor Sánchez del Amo has replaced Gustavo Poyet as head coach of LaLiga side Real Betis.
Poyet parts company with Betis
Los Verdiblancos have lost four of their last five games - including a 6-1 home thrashing by Real Madrid - leaving them two points off the relegation zone.
And Poyet's rising unpopularity with the club's fans saw supporters' association Gol Sur 1907 announce a boycott of all home fixtures while he remained at the helm.
In a statement, Betis thanked the ex-Brighton, Sunderland and AEK Athens manager for his "effort and dedication" during his time at the Estadio Benito Villamarín.
Víctor beats host of candidates to job
Gregorio Manzano, Luis García, Míchel and Juan Ignacio Martínez were also spoken to, but Víctor, fired by Olympiakos in August after just six weeks, is the choice.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash