Yellow card sees Marcelo set for early return ahead of Madrid derby
After being yellow carded in the game against Argentina the defender is suspended for the forthcoming match v. Peru and has been released by Brazil.
Good news for Zidane
Real Madrid first team coach Zinedine Zidane must have been delighted to see Chilean referee Julio Bascuñán brandish a yellow card to Marcelo in the 47th minute of the Brazil-Argentina qualifier in Belo Horizonte after a crude challenge on Kun Agüero.
Released by Tite
The card means the defender is suspended for Brazil's forthcoming match in Lima against Perú and saves the player from a 7.564 km round trip with more than 10 hours flying time. The Brazilian player has been released by the national team and will head back to Madrid and commence club training in the early stage of next week.
Back on Tuesday
The player will spend the rest of the weekend in Brazil with his wife and two sons Enzo and Liam,. Real Madrid have a training session penciled in for Monday but it's anticipated that Marcelo will be back in Valdebebas on Tuesday to prepare for his 16th Madrid derby. Marcelo has been involved in nine derby wins, six draws and featured in just one derby loss (Copa del Rey at the Caldeon which ended in a 2-0 loss for Real Madrid).
*Update 12 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and news, today
- REAL MADRID 1-0 GETAFE Real Madrid player ratings v Getafe: Ramos saves the day
- CORONAVIRUS Until when has the coronavirus PPP small business loan deadline been extended?
- MANCHESTER CITY 4-0 LIVERPOOL Manchester City player ratings vs Liverpool
- Premier League Mourinho angry at VAR after Bramall Lane controversy
- BARCELONA Messi halts renewal talks and wants to leave Barcelona in June 2021