Alex Iwobi's father can see his son playing for Arsenal for many years to come and says the 20-year-old would reject Barcelona if they came knocking.
In an interview with AfricanFootball.com, Chuka Iwobi says his son does not play football for the money and is enjoying his football at the club he has been at since he was six years old.
"In football, you never say no. But at this point in time, he is at the right place.
"He’s doing well at Arsenal, but should any club come for him now, the answer would certainly be no.
"For him now, it’s not about the money.
"So, should a club like Barcelona come with more money, he will certainly stay back at Arsenal because now it is not about him making money, it’s about him concentrating on his career, progressing and going on to the next stage."
Iwobi broke onto the scene last year
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar