Alex Iwobi's father can see his son playing for Arsenal for many years to come and says the 20-year-old would reject Barcelona if they came knocking.
In an interview with AfricanFootball.com, Chuka Iwobi says his son does not play football for the money and is enjoying his football at the club he has been at since he was six years old.
"In football, you never say no. But at this point in time, he is at the right place.
"He’s doing well at Arsenal, but should any club come for him now, the answer would certainly be no.
"For him now, it’s not about the money.
"So, should a club like Barcelona come with more money, he will certainly stay back at Arsenal because now it is not about him making money, it’s about him concentrating on his career, progressing and going on to the next stage."
Iwobi broke onto the scene last year
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?