Karim Benzema took advantage of the international break and the days off which Zidane granted the squad to fly out to Turkey. The Real Madrid player has signed up with B4L, a company which organizes events and represents singers and footballers. He arrived in Istanbul on Friday night and was taken to dinner by the company's owners.
On Saturday, Benzema attended the media and told reporters that he knows the country well after spending holidays in Antalya-Kemer with his family and explained that he really enjoyed that break: "I'd like to come back to Turkey on holiday. Turkish people are very friendly and hospitable. I don't have many Turkish friends in Madrid, but I do in Paris. I grew up with Turkish people and I have great respect for Turkish people and footballers". When asked if he liked a Turkish team in particular, he didn't hesitate: "Yes, I like Beşiktaş"
Just before the press conference began, Benzema told AS that he is feeling fine and always wants to give 100 per cent on the pitch: "I'm fine, but I don't want to talk about football or the derby", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami