The French Football Federation (FFF) confirmed on Sunday that Antoine Griezmann has suffered bruising to the instep of his left foot and is set to return to Madrid - with just a week to go before Saturday's derby against Real Madrid.
Griezmann took a knock to his foot during Friday's 2-1 win over Sweden and was replaced by Kanté in the final minutes of the match. The striker will be assessed by club doctors on his return after having been ruled out of Tuesday's friendly against the Ivory Coast.
The FFF released a medical note on Griezmann's injury but the player will be examined by Atlético de Madrid's doctors. If the injury is just a bruise then the player is likely to play the derby although not without some discomfort if his foot remains swollen. The Frenchman has provided eight goals and five assists for Atleti in the league so far this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid