TENNIS | ATP FINALS
Djokovic 'brings Mourinho and Piqué together' in London
The Manchester United coach and Barça defender watched the ATP Finals game between Djokovic and Dominic Thiem at London's O2 Arena.
Sunday afternoon tennis
José Mourinho and Gerard Piqué have got a lot more in common that either of them might think. They made have had their differences in the past, but the two men found themselves in the same section of London's O2 Arena this afternoon, to watch Novak Djokovic and Dominic Thiem thrash it out on court in the ATP Finals. Just one seat separated the two in the stands.
Relations between them have been cool since tempers flared during the spate of Madrid-Barça Clásicos back in 2011. Piqué went as far as saying: "Mourinho is destroying Spanish football". In 2012, the centre-back responded to the coach with another barb after Mou, without mentioning any names, aimed a veiled put-down at Messi: "Some players leave the field on a stretcher then two days later are fully fit" - in reference to the Argentine's injury against Benfica. Piqué came right back at him: "You can tell Mourinho was never a player himself, he doesn't understand us".
Fortunately this afternooon in London, the atmosphere between both men was a bit more cordial...
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA Draft Lottery: What time is it, TV channel, and how to watch it online today?
- NBA When was the last time the Bucks were in the Eastern NBA Conference Finals?
- US NEWS What is a primary election?
- US NEWS When are the NYC mayor elections held?
- Olympic Games How much do Olympic medals cost?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...