Jose Mourinho has been keeping a beady eye on Atlético Madrid's main men. And now it's the turn of Carrasco to fall under the Man Utd coach's spotlight, after his fine performance for Belgium last Wednesday, according to reports in the British press.
The midfielder, who scored the leveller against Holland, is in blistering form right now. He's played 15 games for Atlético this season and scored seven goals.
Mou keen on Griezmann and José María Giménez
The Portuguese coach hasn't forgotten Antoine Griezmann and José María Giménez, however, who have been on his shopping list on several occasions. He tried to sign the Frenchman last season, but having failed, he is expected to be back next summer to try his luck again.
Mou's desire to pick up Giménez caused a furore recently in England, when it was revealed that United will be willing to splash out 60 million euros to trigger his buy out clause.
Mou's acquisitions from Atleti
This wouldn't be the first time Mourinho has bought from Atleti. In 2014, when he was still in charge at Chelsea, he paid 42 million euros for Diego Costa, and 19.2 million for Filipe Luis (who was soon back at Atleti). It was also Mourinho who ended Thibaut Courtois' loan spell at Atlético, bringing him back to Chelsea.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK When could there be a new stimulus payment according to the experts?
- BARCELONA Official: Depay signs for Barcelona until June 2023
- FOOTBALL Kevin De Bruyne not too concerned by eye injury
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Mann 'not surprised' after taking Clippers to first Conference Final
- MLB Ohtani goes into Home Run Derby mode with two homers
- Euro 2020 Giroud makes history by gaining 100th cap for France