Jose Mourinho has been keeping a beady eye on Atlético Madrid's main men. And now it's the turn of Carrasco to fall under the Man Utd coach's spotlight, after his fine performance for Belgium last Wednesday, according to reports in the British press.
The midfielder, who scored the leveller against Holland, is in blistering form right now. He's played 15 games for Atlético this season and scored seven goals.
Mou keen on Griezmann and José María Giménez
The Portuguese coach hasn't forgotten Antoine Griezmann and José María Giménez, however, who have been on his shopping list on several occasions. He tried to sign the Frenchman last season, but having failed, he is expected to be back next summer to try his luck again.
Mou's desire to pick up Giménez caused a furore recently in England, when it was revealed that United will be willing to splash out 60 million euros to trigger his buy out clause.
Mou's acquisitions from Atleti
This wouldn't be the first time Mourinho has bought from Atleti. In 2014, when he was still in charge at Chelsea, he paid 42 million euros for Diego Costa, and 19.2 million for Filipe Luis (who was soon back at Atleti). It was also Mourinho who ended Thibaut Courtois' loan spell at Atlético, bringing him back to Chelsea.
- Dalian Yifang
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League United worry ahead of Liverpool game as De Gea limps off for Spain
- Spain U-21 Barcelona teenage sensation Ansu Fati makes Spain U-21 debut
- PSG Tuchel: "It's not nice to hear Neymar saying he wants to leave"
- FOOTBALL UEFA charge Bulgaria over racist chants and Nazi salutes
- Euro 2020 Euro 2020 qualifying tables
- BARCELONA Barcelona planning 589 km bus trip to Eibar