Rooney and Bertrand doubtful for Spain friendly
Gareth Southgate said both players will be reassessed ahead of tomorrow's friendly and confirmed that Jordan Henderson will captain the team at Wembley. Spain v Colombia
Two absentees in training
England captain Wayne Rooney and left-back Ryan Bertrand are Gareth Southgate’s main doubts for Tuesday’s friendly against Spain. Rooney and Bertrand were the only players absent today’s workout at Tottenham Hotspur's Enfield training centre on the eve of tomorrow meeting at Wembley.
Rooney returned to England's starting XI for Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifying win over Scotland after having started the previous game, a goalless draw away to Slovenia, on the subs’ bench.
Southgate explained the situation in his pre-match press conference: “Both players are being assessed. They had minor issues this morning so we'll have a look at them as the game goes on. Obviously they weren't able to train so they must be a doubt, but until we look at them we won't know for sure”.
Henderson as captain
Southgate added that Rooney was not in line to start the game in any case and confirmed Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson will take the captain’s armband. Tottenham striker Harry Kane has already been ruled out of the match with an ankle ligament injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why does McConnell advise against the deal?
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: how can I track my early vote ballot?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho dismisses 'Spursy' tag but says defending must improve
- JUVENTUS Cristiano shows off new close-crop haircut during Covid-19 quarantine
- 2020 MLB WORLD SERIES LA Dodgers - Tampa Bay Rays: odds in the series of the MLB World Series 2020