Juventus ahead of Real Madrid in race to sign Rodrigo Bentancur
According to Argentine daily 'La Nación', the Italian club is poised to pay Boca Juniors a fee of around 10 million euros for the promising young midfielder.
Juventus are reported to be close to completing the signing of Rodrigo Bentancur. According to Argentine daily La Nación, the Italian club is ready to pay Boca Juniors 9.4 million euros for the promising young midfielder and the trasnfer will be made official by both clubs in the next few hours.
The 19-year-old has made 41 appearances for Boca Juniors, almost all of them as a midfielder, although on occasion he has been played out wide. In Argentina, some commentators have drawn comparisons between Bentancur and Manchester United's Paul Pogba - both are imposing, tall players who are adept at joining the attack and use their physical presence to protect the ball and conduct it upfield. Having said that, Bentancur's goal scoring figures are a far cry from Pogba's - he has only scored once for Boca and made two assists during his professional career.
Elsehwere, Goal.com, claim that Manchester United, AC Milan and Real Madrid contacted Boca about the player but in the end Juventus gained the edge in the race to land him - partly because of the excellent relationship between the two clubs' presidents, Beppe Marotta and Daniel Angelici.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check update: US coronavirus relief bill
- UFC UFC 254: Emotional Khabib announces retirement after beating Gaethje
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry