Iago Aspas, LaLiga player of the month for October
The former Liverpool striker was on target on five times in the month of October. Sevilla coach Jorge Sampaoli named manager of the month.
Ex Liverpool striker
Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas has been selected as LaLiga player for the month for October. The 29 year old was on target five times for his club during a month that saw Celta beat reining league champions FC Barcelona 4-3 at Balaidos and also overcame local rivals Deportivo la Coruña. The 'icing on the cake' for the former Liverpool came recently as new Spanish coach Julen Lopetegui called the player up to the La Roja squad for the game against Macedonia and England as a replacement for the injured Diego Costa.
Sampaoli coach of the month
Sevilla's Jorge Sampaoli was selected as the coach of the month by LaLiga for the month of October. Three wins and a draw (which included a long awaited away win at Leganes) saw the Andalusian side consolidate themselves in the higher echelons of the LaLiga table with the key result being the 1-0 home win over Atletico Madrid at a rainy Sanchez Pizjuan in match-day 9.
Both Sampaoli and Aspas were presented with their respective awards by dignitaries from LaLiga official sponsors Banco Santander.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Ghana's president goes into a two-weeks self-isolation
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid to play UCL return game in Manchester
- BUNDESLIGA Pep Guardiola 'interfered' and 'knew better' than club doctor
- ALFREDO RELASÑO Zidane, LaLiga, Sergio Ramos and VAR
- QSL Barcelona to wait as Xavi renews as Al-Sadd coach for 20-21 season
- Coronavirus Can coronavirus be spread through the air?