Spain coach Julen Lopetegui has revealed the things he admires most about English football ahead of his side’s international friendly at Wembley this week, but the way that England play isn’t one of them.
“I like a lot of things...the fans, the stadiums..."
When asked his thoughts about England ahead of the game on Tuesday, Lopetegui said: “I like a lot of things: the fans, the stadiums. I prefer the atmosphere to the play."
Lopetegui, who took over from Vicente del Bosque in the summer, added however that he did think England have some “good players”. “That’s not to say I prefer theirs to ours,” stressed the 50-year old, “I like ours more.”
Lopetegui also reserved some praise for his opposite number Gareth Southgate, who is currently in charge of England on an interim basis. “He’s improved various things, especially in defensive solidness.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 Real Madrid: Mbappé operation could cause a domino effect
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard rues missing out on 'leader' Rice
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid among list of clubs interested in 'frustrated' Kane
- PREMIER LEAGUE Watkins fires Villa in front
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid edge Barça in Clásicos won: 97-96
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Augusta Masters 2021 Day 3 live online | scores and leaderboard