Cesc Fabregas will not be present at Wembley on Tuesday to support Spain as they face England.
The Chelsea midfielder – one of the casualties from the Spain squad since Julen Lopetegui took charge in the summer – has cited personal reasons for his absence after being invited by the Spanish Football Federation to the game as a guest.
Someone who has accepted the invite however is Gerard Pique. The Barça defender, who announced recently that he would retire from the national side in 2018, will be cheering on from the stands after missing out on a call-up due to injury.
Carzorla, Pedro, Adrian
Besides Pique, the federation has also invited Arsenal’s Santi Carzorla, West Ham keeper Adrián and Chelsea’s Pedro, as well as tennis stars Feliciano López, Marc López and Roberto Bautista, all of who have accepted and will be at Wembley.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Spain could draw Brazil or Argentina at Tokyo Olympics
- REAL MADRID Hazard, Asensio, Vinicius: Zidane faces selection headache as Belgian nears return
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leipzig star Konaté responds to Liverpool rumours
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: how are negotiations going and when will it be discussed in the Senate?
- TAX SEASON 2021 IRS tax refunds on $10,200 in unemployment benefits: when it's coming?
- US News: Coronavirus What are the maximum unemployment benefits per state?