Arsenal to make Özil highest earner with handsome pay rise
The English press report that the German midfielder will see his weekly wage hiked from 161,000 euros to 230,000 overtaking Alexis Sánchez.
Mesut Özil is on the brink of becoming the best-paid player at Arsenal and one of the Premier League's highest earners. The German midfielder is enjoying a fantastic start to the season - the team is just two points behind leaders Liverpool in the league and top their group in the Champions League. According to reports in the English press, Arsenal are ready to reward Özil with a sizeable pay rise, which will see him take home more than Alexis Sánchez, who is also negotiating improved terms.
Özil's representatives, under the command of his father are negotiating a substantial improvement to the player's contract which is due to expire in 2018. The midfielder will see his weekly wage hiked from 161,000 euros to 230,000 euros. The player has always declared that he is happy in England and recently bought a new house in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- BOXING Who won the first and second Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fights?
- FATHER’S DAY 2021 Happy Father’s Day: messages, quotes, images and memes to celebrate
- EURO 2020 Euro 2021: how many third place teams qualify?
- COPA AMERICA Uruguay v Chile: La Celeste look to end scoring drought at Copa America
- NBA playoffs 2021 Paul and Kawhi out of Game 1 as Clippers make Conference Finals bow