Arsenal to make Özil highest earner with handsome pay rise
The English press report that the German midfielder will see his weekly wage hiked from 161,000 euros to 230,000 overtaking Alexis Sánchez.
Mesut Özil is on the brink of becoming the best-paid player at Arsenal and one of the Premier League's highest earners. The German midfielder is enjoying a fantastic start to the season - the team is just two points behind leaders Liverpool in the league and top their group in the Champions League. According to reports in the English press, Arsenal are ready to reward Özil with a sizeable pay rise, which will see him take home more than Alexis Sánchez, who is also negotiating improved terms.
Özil's representatives, under the command of his father are negotiating a substantial improvement to the player's contract which is due to expire in 2018. The midfielder will see his weekly wage hiked from 161,000 euros to 230,000 euros. The player has always declared that he is happy in England and recently bought a new house in London.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return