Rakitic agent scotches Man Utd talk: "He's happy at Barcelona"
Speaking in the British media, Arturo Canales played down rumours of a transfer to United - but did not rule out a Premier League move one day.
The agent of Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has moved to quell rumours that the Croat could be in line for a switch to the Premier League.
With talks ongoing in recent months over an extension to Rakitic's deal at Barça, which has three years to run, reports have linked him with Manchester United.
Canales calms United speculation
But Arturo Canales told UK newspaper the Daily Mail: "Ivan is very happy at FC Barcelona, where he has been tremendously successful and has a contract with the club until 2019."
Following the recent renewals signed by Sergio Busquets, Javier Mascherano and Neymar, Rakitic is expected to be one of the next Barça players to pen new terms.
"Who knows if one day..."
However, Canales was not ruling out a transfer to the English top flight at some point in the future, explaining: "Ivan loves football and is only 28 years old.
"Having played in Switzerland, Germany and Spain, who knows if one day he'll be ready to have an experience in England, but for now he's an FC Barcelona player."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Nintendo Direct conference & Treehouse at E3 2021: times, stream online, and how to watch
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Coronavirus US: Pfizer vs Moderna vaccine side effects
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why are Olympics named like that? Origin and meaning
- US News IRS delays: Is identity theft delaying stimulus checks and tax refunds?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?