Lallana limps off injured as Liverpool dealt potential blow
The Liverpool playmaker had given England the lead against Spain in the international friendly at Wembley before the injury.
Adam Lallana was taken off after just 27 minutes of England's game against Spain after a tackle by Thiago as Liverpool fans and Jurgen Klopp sweat over the diagnosis of one of their star players in the coming hours and days.
The Liverpool attacker gave England the lead with a well-taken penalty after Jamie Vardy was hauled down by Pepe Reina but his evening was cut short just 18 minutes later.
3 - Adam Lallana has scored in each of his last 3 games for England after failing to find the net in his 26 before that. Blossom.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) 15 November 2016
Lallana has been in excellent form for club and country this year scoring three goals and assisting in five while playing in all 11 of the Reds' game so far in the Premier League. Klopp's side currently lead the league by a point and face Southampton away next weekend in a game that will test the German's side to the limit.
The former Southampton player has also score three times in his last three international games having failed to do so in the previous 25 games with his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?