ARGENTINA 3 - 0 COLOMBIA
An angry James Rodriguez waits to confront officials in the tunnel
At half time in the crucial qualifier against Argentina the Colombian wanted to vent some of his anger at the referee and his assistants. They didn't take too kindly to his actions. Spain v Colombia
Argentina played Colombia in a game that in the end would result in Messi and co leapfrogging their opponents in the South American World Cup 2018 qualifying table and putting Colombia at risk of not making the showpiece event in Russia.
Already two goals down and with a booking to his name, Real Madrid star James Rodriguez was clearly unhappy with some of the decisions being made and awaited the officials in the tunnel at the half-time interval.
La fuerte discusión post partido entre James Rodríguez y el árbitro ecuatoriano Roddy Zambrano: pic.twitter.com/b26mfgAkQa— Segmento Fútbol (@SegmentoFutbol) 16 November 2016
His little outburst has been shared around social media and, as we now know, did little to affect the game as Argentina added another without reply in the second half. Now James will return to Madrid and hope to improve on what is proving to be a difficult time in his career. Rumours remain about his future and they're unlikely to abate ahead of the January transfer window.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"