Dier plots revenge on Herrera for elbow to face
The English player did not ask for an apology from the Spanish midfielder. The teams play each other on the 11th of December at Old Trafford.
Eric Dier is not happy with Ander Herrera after the Spanish midfielder caught him with an unecessary stray elbow during the 2-2 in Wembley on Tuesday night.
He does seek an apology, however, and has told Herrera, rather menacingly that he will see him soon. Mark the 11th of December down in your diary as a game between two Premier League hopefuls just got an added dimension.
“I think it’s pretty clear what he did and I can feel it on my cheek now,” the Spurs midfielder said after the game.
Dirty and not needed
“I’ve made a pass and it was a long time afterwards [that] he’s elbowed me in the face, and I just can’t see why. For me, it’s just ridiculous. So I know what he did, and I don’t like that kind of stuff. I don’t mind people kicking each other at times and stuff, but that’s just dirty and not needed.”
On whether he wanted an apology, Dier said: “I don’t need him to apologise. I’ll see him soon … These things happen. But I don’t know why he did it, to be honest. That’s why I was angry. It was just strange and it’s not nice.”
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time