Luis Suarez faces a ban for an apparent gesture he gave to Chile fans after his Uruguay side were beaten 3-1 by Chile on Tuesday night, despite taking the lead early on through Edison Cavani.
Moments of controversy aren't exactly an unusual occurrence when fierce rivals Uruguay and Chile face off, and the latest polemic came when Suarez apparently flashed a middle finger to the Chile fans as he walked off the pitch after the game.
Suarez was "counting" say Uruguayan press
In the Uruguayan press, however, they are playing down the incident, claiming that the Barcelona striker was simply counting with his hands the number of times Uruguay have won the Copa America (15).
Not surprisingly though, in Chile they are asking for Suarez to be banned, as their striker Vargas was back in December 2015 after showing his middle finger to Uruguay fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Man City chief says alleged FFP breaches are "simply not true"
- Qatar 2022 Eto'o: The 2022 World Cup will be an exceptional experience for fans
- Dortmund 2-1 PSG Haaland: Dortmund star touches world 60m record against PSG
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "Anfield's very old, it wouldn't pass the UEFA inspection"
- Champions League Mourinho looking to end six-year Champions League drought
- Transfer market Messi: LA Galaxy offer Barça star escape route amid crisis