Morata to miss the derby with suspected hamstring tear
Madrid confirmed this evening that Morata has suffered a Grade II hamstring injury. He played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley. He could be out for over a month.
Morata to miss the derby
Real Madrid confirmed this evening that Álvaro Morata has suffered a Grade II injury to his right hamstring. The striker played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley last night, coming on as a second half sub. He will miss Saturday's Madrid derby, El Clásico and possibly next month's Club World Cup in Japan. Similar injuries in which muscle fibres have been torn usually require a recovery time of one month or longer.
The medical report issued by the club read as follows:
"After tests carried out on our player Álvaro Morata at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital prior to the training session held today, Wednesday, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 muscle injury in his right hamstring. His recovery will continue to be assessed".
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"