Morata to miss the derby with suspected hamstring tear
Madrid confirmed this evening that Morata has suffered a Grade II hamstring injury. He played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley. He could be out for over a month.
Morata to miss the derby
Real Madrid confirmed this evening that Álvaro Morata has suffered a Grade II injury to his right hamstring. The striker played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley last night, coming on as a second half sub. He will miss Saturday's Madrid derby, El Clásico and possibly next month's Club World Cup in Japan. Similar injuries in which muscle fibres have been torn usually require a recovery time of one month or longer.
The medical report issued by the club read as follows:
"After tests carried out on our player Álvaro Morata at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital prior to the training session held today, Wednesday, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 muscle injury in his right hamstring. His recovery will continue to be assessed".
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?