Morata to miss the derby with suspected hamstring tear
Madrid confirmed this evening that Morata has suffered a Grade II hamstring injury. He played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley. He could be out for over a month.
Morata to miss the derby
Real Madrid confirmed this evening that Álvaro Morata has suffered a Grade II injury to his right hamstring. The striker played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley last night, coming on as a second half sub. He will miss Saturday's Madrid derby, El Clásico and possibly next month's Club World Cup in Japan. Similar injuries in which muscle fibres have been torn usually require a recovery time of one month or longer.
The medical report issued by the club read as follows:
"After tests carried out on our player Álvaro Morata at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital prior to the training session held today, Wednesday, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 muscle injury in his right hamstring. His recovery will continue to be assessed".
Te recomendamos en English
- European football Cristiano Ronaldo hands Kylian Mbappé the throne
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' contract talks are complicated
- Transfer talk PSG's Icardi could move to Juventus, suggests his agent
- Transfer talk Real Madrid and Man Utd target Van de Beek: Ajax hopeful
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability