Bebeto and Mauro Silva voted Deportivo's greatest
Deportivo were asked to vote for the 10 best players to have represented the club. The signatures of the top 10 will be engraved onto a silver ball to be sold at a later date.
Brazilians Mauro Silva and José Roberto Gama, 'Bebeto' are the two greatest players ever to have donned the Deportivo shirt, according to a recent poll the Galician club ran with fans. Today Depor published the results of that poll, a list of 10 of the best players to have played for the club - the signatures of which will be engraved on a silver ball which will later be sold.
Coming in at number one with the most votes was legendary midfielder Mauro Silva, the third players to have made most appearances with Deportivo (458) and one of the three players to have won all six of the trophies which sit proudly in the club museum.
Mauro was at the club from 1992 to 2005, arriving at the same time as striker Bebeto, who is the second player with most votes. Until his departure in 1996, he scored 102 goals in official competition - 86 of them in the First Division - a club record.
Completing the list are Juan Carlos Valerón (2000-2013), Djalma Feitoza Dias, 'Djalminha' (1997-2004), Francisco González, 'Fran' (1988-2005), Donato (1993-2003), Roy Makaay (1999-2003), Manuel Pablo García (1998-2016), Juan Acuña (1938-1955) and Luis Suárez Miramontes (1953-1954).
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER UNITED Pogba nowhere near ready for Man Utd return, says Solskjaer
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Marcelo has become a liability
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola "100 percent" behind City after Champions League ban
- BARCELONA Messi on Barcelona social media scandal: "It's a strange subject"
- VAR Wenger VAR offside proposal ruled out by IFAB for now
- MANCHESTER UNITED Van Persie: Man Utd can't keep changing coaches, give Solskjaer time