Ramos has a yellow-card conundrum as El Clásico looms
Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos is one booking away from a one-game suspension, meaning the only way he can ensure participation in El Clásico is by getting cautioned against Atletico on Saturday.
Sergio Ramos is in risk of missing el Clásico. The Real Madrid centre-back, who’ll start the Madrid derby on Saturday evening after recovering from injury, has already accumulated four yellow cards in LaLiga this season and in order to ensure his participation against Barcelona at Camp Nou on 3 December, he will want to pick up his fifth yellow versus Atletico this weekend.
Yellow card dilemma
Doing so means that Ramos would serve his one-game suspension during Real Madrid’s next LaLiga game with Sporting Gijon (26 November). However, if the Madrid captain avoids going into the book at the Vicente Calderón, any caution in Asturias a week Saturday would rule him out of el Clásico.
4 bookings in first 5 games
Amazingly, Ramos received all four of his booking in the first five LaLiga games of the campaign (Real Sociedad, Osasuna, Espanyol and Villarreal). After escaping a card in Las Palmas, Ramos has missed all of Madrid’s league games since then (Betis, Athletic, Alavés and Leganés), leaving him in the predicament he now faces.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"