Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid ace out to end Calderón drought
The Real striker has a good overall goals record away to Atlético Madrid - but has been off target there over the past couple of years.Real Madrid-Deportivo: LaLiga matchday 20
In his career at Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo has had a fair amount of joy in front of goal in Los Blancos' visits to near neighbours Atlético Madrid.
Seven in ten for Madrid forward
In ten appearances in all competitions for Real at the Vicente Calderón, the Portuguese has netted seven times (four in LaLiga and three in the Copa del Rey).
A particularly memorable goalscoring display came in April 2012, when his hat-trick helped Madrid to a 4-1 league triumph over Los Rojiblancos.
No goals for Cristiano in last five at Calderón
However, he has undergone something of a drought in his most recent games at Atlético - so much so that he has drawn a blank in his last five at the ground.
In total, the 31-year-old has amassed 349 minutes of action at the Calderón since he last found the net there, in a 2-2 league stalemate in March 2014.
Real not been victorious during Ronnie's barren spell
And Madrid have missed Cristiano's strikes: those five matches have seen them fail to win once, registering two draws, three defeats and just one goal.
CR7's unwanted run began in a 1-0 Spanish Super Cup defeat in August 2014, before a 2-0 Copa reverse five months later (in which he came on as a substitute).
A 4-0 LaLiga loss in February 2015 was followed by a goalless Champions League clash in April that year, and he was also off target in a 1-1 league draw that October.
Real winless at Atleti for over two and a half years
In total, Madrid have gone six games at the stadium without tasting success against Atlético - since a 2-0 victory in the Copa in February 2014.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Mourinho: Kane hands Spurs boss a fitness boost
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe stuck up De Jong's derrogatory words in their Ajax dressing room
- Flick calls for Bayern unity in Lewandowski's absence, Zirkzee could get opportunity
- LALIGA Real Madrid-Barcelona not under coronavirus threat - LaLiga chief
- SEVILLA-ROMA Lopetegui: "We're looking forward to meeting Roma, it'll be a close tie"
- Coronavirus Swiss league cancels all games due to coronavirus fears