West Ham look to offload Álvaro Arbeloa
The former Real Madrid player has yet to secure a run in the Hammers first team and the London club are reported to be looking for a suitor in the winter transfer window.
Reports emerging from the UK press point to Álvaro Arbeloa's time at West Ham United as being numbered as the London based Premier League side look for a move for the defender in the winter transfer window.
The 33 year old player has been a bit player for Croatian coach Slaven Bilic. He made his debut for the Hammers against Accrington Stanley in the EFL Cup which the East London side won 1-0 He then featured in two Premier League encounters, a 0-3 home loss to Southampton and then played for 83 minutes in a 1-1 draw against Aitor Karanka's Middlesbrough. This last appearance was on October 1st and more more than a month and a half later the Spaniard has played no role in the first team.
With Arbeloa, Bilic has not found the defender he was looking for with the move to London being completed on the final day of the summer transfer window and the English club are now prepared to listen to offers from interested parties and would even consider moving Arbeloa out on loan.
Poor campaign for Hammers
It's been a disappointing 2016/17 campaign to date for West Ham with early season optimism following Dimitri Payet's commitment to the team and a place in Europe as an added incentive. Early elimination from the Europa League coupled with a complicated move to the new and soulless Olympic stadium combined with poor performances on the pitch which leave Bilic's side one point above the relegation places have tested the patience of the Hammers fans and indeed serious question marks have arisen on the future of the Croat at the London club.
- Diego Costa9Goals
*Update 17 de noviembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"