The Real and Atleti form guide ahead of the derby
Los Blancos go into the game in better attacking shape, having scored 53 goals in all competitions compared to Atlético's 30. However, Simeone's men have only conceded nine goals to Madrid's 23 this season.
As the first Madrid derby of the season looms (Saturday, 20:45 CET), Atlético Madrid and Real Madrid go into the game with obvious strengths in different areas this season:
A clear difference is notable between goals scored and goals conceded. Real Madrid have scored 53 goals in all competitions, although they have played two more games than their neighbours, in the Spanish Super Cup and Copa del Rey. In fact, Zidane's men are the highest-scoring Spanish side, followed by Barcelona (51 goals). Atlético, predictably, win the prize for defensive solidity, letting in a miserly nine goals in 15 games. Real Madrid have shipped 20, but in 17 games. Casilla and Keylor between them have had to make 44 stops, while Oblak has been called into action on 34 occasions.
Chances and accuracy
Madrid are just ahead in terms of hitting the target, with an accuracy rate of 49.82% to Atlético's 45.99%. Madrid also shoot a lot more, letting loose 281 times compared to Atlético's 187, hitting the target on 140 times as opposed to Los Rojiblanco's 86. Therefore, Los Blancos need an average of 28.87 minutes to score a goal, whereas Atlético need exactly one half of football: 45 minutes.
Passing and possession
Real have given 9,402 passes, completing 8,212, while Simeone's side have distributed the ball on 7,694 occasions, successfully finding a team-mate 6,296 times. The possession stats show the proximity of both side: 56.09 for Madrid and 53.58 for Atlético.
Judging by Atlético's style of play you would imagine that they would be streaks ahead of their city neighbours in ball recovery. However, Zidane's side have made 994 interceptiopns to Atlético's 914.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump last debate live online: updates, fact check and reactions
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Covid-19 Financial Crisis How will the election affect unemployment benefits in US?
- US NEWS Who is Kristen Walker, moderator for the final presidential debate? | US Election 2020
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online