Griezmann on course to make derby
With the Frenchman completing Thursday's training session, Simeone has virtually a full squad available for Saturday's crunch match, with the exception of Augusto and Cerci.
After Thursday's training session, Simeone has a near-full squad to choose from for the upcoming Madrid derby (Saturday, 20:45 CET). The only exceptions are Augusto and Cerci, who are both ruled out through injury.
The South American contingent
The good news for 'El Cholo' was the unscathed return of Atlético's South American players from international duty. Giménez, Godín, Filipe Luis and Correa all joined up with their team-mates and all appear to fit and rearing to go.
Griezmann's green light
The other plus for Simeone was Griezmann's participation in the training session. The French striker trained with the rest of the Atlético squad without any signs of discomfort from the foot injury he picked up in France's game against Sweden last Friday. So far this season the Frenchman has scored eight goals and provided five assists for Atleti in the league, and his availability for Saturday's crunch match will be a huge boost for Los Rojiblancos.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?