Sporting ordered to close sector following racist chanting
The judgement came after racist chanting directed at Iñaki Williams on the opening day of the 2016/17 season at El Molinon.
Spanish football's disciplinary committee have ordered a partial closure of Sporting Gijon's El Molinón stadium (south stand) following racist chanting from the home fans aimed at Iñaki Williams during the opening day of the current season when Sporting faced Athletic Bilbao in Gijon.
The Asturian club were informed of the decision later yesterday and shortly after issued an official communique where they acknowledged the chanting but claim that every measure was in place to prevent this type of action, they added that it's impossible for the football club to identify the culprits despite CCTV footage and information supplied by LaLiga's match observer.
Sporting closed stating that the football club are not responsible for any chanting or insult of a racist, violent or xenophobic nature at the stadium.
This morning Sporting's attorney, Ramon de Santiago stated that the club would exhaust every means possible to ensure that the south stand is not partially closed.
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history