Casillas responds to Twitter user's 'mannequin challenge' dig
FC Porto keeper Iker Casillas became involved in a social-media spat on Thursday night after receiving criticism from a football fan.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
FC Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas has bitten back at a social media user who criticised him with a reference to the recent 'mannequin challenge' craze.
Iker "the boss" of the 'mannequin challenge'
Nadie sabe que el jefe de el mannequin siempre fue casillas con sus estatuas mirando el balón... @IkerCasillas Saludos crack— Hermo (@diegohermo7) 17 de noviembre de 2016
In a Twitter message on Thursday, user @diegohermo7 said of the World Cup-winning ex-Spain captain: "No-one realises that the boss of the mannequin [challenge] has always been Casillas, with his statue-esque poses as he watches the ball..."
Casillas swiftly hits back
And Real Madrid legend Casillas, who regularly replies to tweets directed at his official account @IkerCasillas, was quick to respond to the jibe.
In a post accompanied by a video of some of his finest saves during his career, the 35-year-old wrote: "@diegohermo7, before you go to sleep, play this video...grab a pen and piece of paper and take notes... [then] I'll ask you what you've learned".
User comes back at keeper with another video
But the tweeter was not discouraged by Casillas' retort, returning with a video of some of his less glorious moments, with the quip: "Surprise exam for you too..."
Te recomendamos en English
- US Election 2020 Early voting in Florida: when will it end and where can I vote?
- Halloween What's the origin, meaning and history of Halloween?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Real Madrid edge ahead of Barcelona in historical rivalry
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos was fortunate with Clásico penalty, says AS referee
- US Election 2020 USA Election 2020: why will Donald Trump vote in Florida?
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Ansu Fati becomes second youngest scorer in El Clásico history