Ronaldo close to scoring after 12 minutes of Madrid derby
Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo came up with a superb header after 12 minutes of the Madrid derby against Atlético Madrid at the Calderón in LaLiga. But far from seeing the ball nestling in the back of the net, the Portuguese striker watched the Atleti keeper Oblak get down to make a marvellous reflex save, right on the line.
Ronaldo convinced ball crossed the line
Ronaldo though was convinced the Slovenian keeper hadn't managed to stop the ball before it crossed the line, and pursued the referee to try and convince him that he had in fact scored his first goal at the Calderón in six matches. Referee Fernández however paid his pleas no heed.
Replays showed Ronaldo's header did not go in
Replays showed that although it was very, very close, the ball did not in fact cross the line.
Ronaldo scores from a free-kick
Ronaldo however did go on to open the scoring, firing home a free-kick with the help of a deflection off the wall later in the first half. He then bagged a penalty after 70 minutes to make it 0-2 for Zidane's side, before finishing his hat-trick, knocking in a Bale pass at the back-post.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor