Tévez: Chinese club could make star world's best-paid footballer
Reports in the Brazilian and Portuguese media say the Boca Juniors forward could be set to earn over 40 million euros a year after tax.
Boca Juniors striker Carlos Tévez could become the world's highest-paid footballer, according to reports in Brazil and Portugal.
Massive Chinese offer for ace's services
Yahoo Esportes Brasil claims an unnamed Chinese Super League side are preparing to offer the Argentinian a whopping 41.5 million euros a year net to move to Asia.
And the Portugal-based newspaper Record says that outfit is Shanghai SIPG, who are now coached by ex-Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur boss André Villas-Boas.
Close to 3.5 million euros a month
Yahoo reveals that it would be the third time Shanghai have gone after the 32-year-old, who rejoined first club Boca in June 2015.
The eye-watering pay packet would see the former Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus man, who has 76 Albiceleste caps, earn almost 3.5m a month.
Tévez understood to be settled back in Argentina
However, it is thought that Tévez - also said to be interesting Brazilians Palmeiras - is minded not to up sticks from his home surroundings once more.
Having returned to Argentina after a decade away to be closer to his family and friends, he may opt to stay put - despite the sums reportedly on offer.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos' stats at Real Madrid: goals, games, cards...
- US Soccer US Soccer reveals 2021 away jerseys by Nike
- NBA Why is Nicola Jokic declining to play with Serbia in Tokyo OIympics?
- NBA How are the All-NBA Teams selected?
- UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPORT Unemployment benefits: how many people will stop receiving the money this week?
- IRS TAX REFUNDS What is IRS TREAS 310 and how is it related to 2020 tax returns?