The 10 nominees for the 2016 Puskás Award have been announced, with four Spain-based players on the list: Atlético’s Saúl for his solo goal against Bayern Munich in the Champions League; Neymar for his strike against Villarreal; Leo Messi for his free-kick in the Copa América and Mario Gaspar for his goal on his Spain debut.
The winner will be decided by fans’ votes on the Fifa.com website and the award handed out on January 9 at the Fifa gala.
Puskás Award shortlist:
- Mario Gaspar (Spain). November 13, 2015. International friendly against England.
- Neymar (Barcelona). November 8, 2015. La Liga match against Villarreal.
- Marlone (Corinthians). April 21, 2016. Copa Liberadores match against Cobresal.
-Hal Robson-Kanú (Wales). July 1, 2016. Euro 2016 quarter-final against Belgium.
- Daniuska Rodríguez (Venezuela). March 14, 2016. Copa América under-17 match against Colombia.
- Simon Scrabb (Atvidaberg). October 31, 2015. Swedish league match against Gelfie.
- Faiz Subri (Pulau Pinang). February 16, 2016. Malaysian league match against Pahan.
- Leo Messi (Argentina). June 21, 2016. Copa América match against USA.
-Saúl (Atlético Madrid). April 27, 2016. Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich.
- Hlompo Kekana (South Africa). March 26, 2016. Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Cameroon.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby