Paco Jémez set for Liga MX move
The former Granada and Rayo coach confirmed to EFE that he is in advanced negotiations with Mexico City based side Cruz Azul.
Paco Jémez, who recently oversaw coaching positions with Rayo Vallecano and more recently Granada, admitted to EFE that he is in negotiations with Mexican side Cruz Azul about the possibility of becoming new first team coach of the Mexico City based outfit. He also confirmed that the position "is a great opportunity and poses a fresh challenge".
"Conversations are ongoing but nothing is confirmed as yet. The contacted me recently and we're looking at the finer details" admitted the 46 year old. "I'd be happy to move to Cruz Azul as it provides a great challenge as "Los Cementeros" are traditionally a strong team in Mexican football.
"They are looking for a new coach ahead of the 2017 campaign and I anticipate the definitive decision to be made shortly", added Jemez.
Cruz Azul failed to make the Liga MX 2016 play-offs and are currently under the guidance of interim coach Joaquin Moreno.
Te recomendamos en English
- UEFA commits to 12 host cities for delayed Euro 2020
- COPA DEL REY Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona: result, summary and goals
- INTER MILAN Conte glad as Lukaku shows anger after Ibrahimovic outburst
- Football AFC draw sets up impressive clashes
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Third stimulus check: what will the minimum age be to claim payment?
- UNITED STATES Third stimulus check: when is it expected to be approved?