Paco Jémez set for Liga MX move
The former Granada and Rayo coach confirmed to EFE that he is in advanced negotiations with Mexico City based side Cruz Azul.
Paco Jémez, who recently oversaw coaching positions with Rayo Vallecano and more recently Granada, admitted to EFE that he is in negotiations with Mexican side Cruz Azul about the possibility of becoming new first team coach of the Mexico City based outfit. He also confirmed that the position "is a great opportunity and poses a fresh challenge".
"Conversations are ongoing but nothing is confirmed as yet. The contacted me recently and we're looking at the finer details" admitted the 46 year old. "I'd be happy to move to Cruz Azul as it provides a great challenge as "Los Cementeros" are traditionally a strong team in Mexican football.
"They are looking for a new coach ahead of the 2017 campaign and I anticipate the definitive decision to be made shortly", added Jemez.
Cruz Azul failed to make the Liga MX 2016 play-offs and are currently under the guidance of interim coach Joaquin Moreno.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match