Luis Enrique: "It would take something serious for Messi to miss a game"
Barcelona's coach added that the Argentine forward has been training well: "I'm sure he'll be at his best level" and hinted that Piqué could play tomorrow night.
Luis Enrique took questions from the press in Glasgow to look ahead to tomorrow's game against Celtic and to talk about how he has been lifting his team following the weekend draw against Málaga.
What areas of Celtic's game do Barça need to keep a close eye on? “Tomorrow's game is a different story. They'll be remaining true to their system and style of play. We have to be careful with their high pressing if they do that in a game of this magnitude”.
The key is grabbing an early goal? “That's important in any game, but they are not going to gift us anything. We are not going to see a Celtic side camped in their own penalty area. We are going to face difficulties in other phases of the match. It's going to be nothing like the game we played three days ago”.
Is Piqué at 100%? “In general, he's fine. He didn't train because he got stamped on at the weekend but it's nothing serious. We're hopeful that he'll be available”.
Messi is back in top shape, is he really up for this game? “Leo's always up for every game and loves nothing more than playing; it would take something serious for him to miss a game. He'll be at 100 per cent and keen to show he's back at his best"
Is there any truth in the speculation about Messi signing for City? “Ask him (points to translator)”.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man Utd boss wants trio to take up Ronaldo, Rooney, Tévez mantle
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: LaLiga Santander, how and where to watch
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Ban for Real Madrid's Valverde no surprise to Atlético boss Simeone
- LALIGA SANTANDER The closet fought LaLiga campaign for 17 years
- BAYERN MUNICH Bayern: Flick admits transfer demands have changed
- Real Madrid Benzema included in Real Madrid 19-man-squad for Sevilla match