Simeone: "We've been playing to win for the past five years"
The Atlético coach defended his team's style of play: "They pay me to make the team win, and that is the only thing I am focused on".
Paid to get results
Atlético coach Diego Simeone defended his team's style of play ahead of tomorrow's visit from PSV Eindhoven in today's pre-match press conference: "They pay me to make the team win, and that is the only thing I am focused on".
Can Atleti play this game and put everything that happened in the derby out of their minds?
We always follow the same line of work. We take a look at the good things and bad things we've done, and move on to the next game. Now we are back in the Champions League, an important moment for us to continue winning and secure the possibility of ending top of our group. All of our attention is on PSV, we know how difficult it will be. We need to imrpove and focus on the present.
Fragile at the back
What has happened to the team's defence in recent games?
We're letting in goals because of certain events - some times collective, other times, individual. We have always stressed that defence is a collective task and that's where we are trying to improve. Four out of the last five goals we have let in have come from dead-ball strategies - it's a bit complicated to focus on one particular area but we are conceding goals for a reason and we need to find solutions which will allow us to win our games.
Winning is all that counts
What is Atlético's objective?
We play to win, we have been playing to win for the last five years. Victory is the only thing that I am interested in. Everything else is just part of the game. I'm paid to make the team win and that is the only thing I am focused on".
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona