Reus, radiant after hitting a hat trick on his return
Marco Reus was delighted to have found the net three times on his comeback as Borussia Dortmund served Legia an 8-4 pummelling.
Back in business
Marco Reus was delighted to have found the net three times on his comeback as Borussia Dortmund served Legia Warsaw an 8-4 pummelling on Tuesday night.
Reus couldn’t hide his joy, telling reporters afterwards: “That was an important step for me, it's how you imagine your first day back will go. I've worked hard for this moment and I am pleased that I could help the team.”
The 27-year-old skippered the team on his return following 185 days recovering from an adductor injury. It was his first match since the German Cup final defeat to Bayern Munich on 21 May.
The German side set a new goals record in the Champions League - the 12-goal tally beating the previous record of 11 set when Monaco beat Deportivo de La Coruña 8-3 in November 2003.
Last night’s win maintains Dortmund position as leaders in Group F, two points clear of Real Madrid who they meet in the Spanish capital on MatchDay 6.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Getafe: how and where to watch LaLiga - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Liverpool preview
- Bundesliga Rummenigge: Timing has never been right for Bayern to target Klopp
- CSL Delayed Chinese Super League season to kick off on July 25
- LALIGA Atlético boss Simeone speechless after Griezmann's brief Barça cameo
- Ligue 1 Rennes won't accept €80m from Madrid for Camavinga – Maurice