Mijatovic: "It's clear that Madrid's objective this year is the league"
The hero of 'La Séptima' praised Zidane for having the conviction of his own decisions: "Sometimes he'll change the system; he's not afraid to leave a first choice player out".
Madrid aiming for the league
Pedja Mijatovic believes that "Real Madrid have a clear objective this season which is to win the league" and praised the work which Zinedine Zidane has been doing.
"Madrid's objective is the league. After several years of missing out on the league title, it's quite clear that this season they are going for it. They have a decent advantage in terms of points over some of the other teams who aspire to winning the league", Mijatovic said in an interview with Europa Press. "Even though there are still a lot of games to play in both the league and Champions League, Madrid are doing well. I think this year we will finish the season happy [with what we've achieved]".
Variants to the system
Another aspect which has pleased Mijatovic is how Zidane is handling the team. "Real Madrid have a coach who is taking all of his own decisions. Any big side which aspires to win every game has to be able to play in different ways. Sometimes you might have to start out playing 4-3-3, and other times 4-4-2; and sometimes you might need to rest a first choice regular to be able field a player who can do a specific job in a game",.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"