Bale, Cristiano, Eric Cantona: Real Madrid round-up
Zidane's side have now gone an incredible 30 games unbeaten since their reverse in the 2015/16 Champions League against Wolfsburg in Germany. New Zealand-Portugal live
Bale worry for Zidane
The Welsh international is undergoing medical tests at Valdebebas following the player picking up an ankle injury in the Champions League tie away to Sporting at the Jose Alvalade. His presence in the first El Clasico of the 2016/17 campaign is very much in doubt.
End of the Lisbon curse
Last night's 1-2 win over Jorge Jesus' side was the first time Real Madrid beat a Lisbon based side in the Portuguese capital. The lost once to Benfica and had a one defeat and one draw record against Sporting CP.
Season ticket holder 150,000
Former Manchester United legend Eric Cantona was in the stands at the Jose Alvalade stadium last night. The former French player is "socio" 150.000 of the Lisbon based giants.
30 games unbeaten
April 6, 2016 was the last time Zidane's side suffered a defeat in all competition. Since the reverse in Germany against Wolfsburg (2-0), Madrid have gone on an amazing thirty game unbeaten run and are four games short of a new club record.
CR7 tribute at the Alvalade
Sporting CP fans paid tribute to their former player Cristiano Ronaldo and the electronic scoreboard flashed up a special tribute message to the Madrid striker ahead of last night's Champions League game at the Alvalade. The Madeira born player was with the Lisbon giants from 97-03 before moving to Manchester.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January