Eric Cantona made 'socio' 150.000 by Sporting CP
The former United legend is a confessed fan of the Lisbon based side and was in attendance at last night's Champions League game against Real Madrid.
Former Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is Sporting's 150,000th member or 'socio' as the Lisbon based club presented the former player with this merit before Sporting CP faced Real Madrid in the Champions League match at the José Alvalade stadium last night.
Sporting club president Bruno de Carvalho accompanied Cantona at the pitch-side presentation ad claimed: "I want to thank Eric for being the 150,000th member of Sporting CP. This is the size of our football club".
The former maverick Cantona also spoke and added: "I love being in this stadium.Thanks for everything and I wish the best for Sporting. You are an excellent team".
Karim Benzema soured the evening for Cantona and the 50.000 "Sportinguistas" with a late headed winner that saw the Spanish side qualify for the next round and leaving the Portuguese side having to avoid defeat in Warsaw to secure a place in the 2016/17 Europa League.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Griezmann explains motives for Atlético exit
- Champions League Bayern Munich lose Coman after knee scare in Tottenham encounter
- LALIGA Messi: gap has closed between Barcelona, Madrid and rest of LaLiga
- ARSENAL Ljungberg not getting involved as Arsenal search for new boss
- Club Brugge 1-3 Real Madrid Zidane sees Real Madrid coming into the Clásico in fine form
- CLUB BRUGGE 1-3 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings as Club Brugge beaten in Belgium