Sergio Ramos renews Nike boot sponsorship for 2M€ per year
The central defender showed off the famous brand flash once more against Sporting after the sponsorship negotiations were finally concluded.
No more spray paint
Sergio Ramos has banished the solid black of his boots. The central defender for Real Madrid has finally ended the soap opera surrounding his sponsorship deal and renewed with sports giant Nike.
The Spaniard has been with Nike for a decade now and in Lisbon against Sporting the famous brand flash shone once more on his footwear. While negotiations were ongoing, and much doubt surrounding the player remaining with the American company, Ramos was spray painting his boots so that they would appear completely black. In training he left them alone.
The rewards come to those who wait
With a four-year agreement now in place - reportedly a deal worth around two million euros per season - the logo was proudly shown off in the Champions League victory on Tuesday evening. Teammate Cristiano Ronaldo also recently renewed with the brand for an eye-watering ten million per season.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January