"If I’m not playing well people say I have no place in the side"
Karim Benzema responded to recent criticism after coming off the bench to score the decisive goal against Sporting: "People always say the same thing."
Karim Benzema was on the bench again in the Estádio José Alvalade on Tuesday night, as he had been in the Calderón a few days earlier after recovering from a hip problem. But he climbed off the woodwork to steer a header inside Rui Patricio’s post in the 86th minute to hand his side victory and keep Real Madrid in the hunt for to spot in Group F.
"People always talk about me"
Speaking to beINSport after the game, Benzema responded to criticism of his performances for the side this season: “People always talk about me. If I’m not playing well they say I have no place in the side, they say this, they say that… It’s always the same.”
"This is my eighth season at Real Madrid"
“This is my eighth season at Real Madrid. I am playing at a big club where there are other important players. It is up to me to perform on the pitch. After an injury I have to come back and feel good playing again and that’s what I’m doing little by little. There is a long way to go this season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Real Sociedad vs Barcelona, how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- Coutinho 'on the right track', says Bayern Munich coach Flick
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: Dejan Lovren could be out until the New Year
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: James Milner thrilled with new contract extension
- Lampard won't discuss future with out-of-contract players until January
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "I know Pulisic has a lot more to give to Chelsea"