How long is Bale out for and what games will he miss?
The Welshman will undergo surgery on his ankle on 29 November and now faces up to three months out, meaning he'll miss the rest of 2016 and may not be back till February.
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale has dislocated both of the peroneal tendons in his right ankle and faces two to three months on the sidelines after the club confirmed he's to undergo surgery.
That means Bale will definitely miss El Clásico away to Barça on 3 December and the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, as well as the rest of Real Madrid's games in 2016.
Two to three months out
Madrid also have a crucial Champions League meeting with Borussia Dortmund on 7 December which will decide who finishes top of Group F. A few days after that, Madrid fly out to Japan for the 2016 Club World Cup with their first game on 15th in Yokohama. Should Madrid advance at the tournament, the final will be played on 18 December.
Best case scenario
The best case scenario for recovery following the type of operation Bale is to undergo is usually a spell of eight weeks, in which case, the Welshman will miss key LaLiga games versus Sevilla (away) and Málaga (home) in January.
Worst case scenario
While the club will be targeting a late January return for Bale, if recuperation takes longer, then he could also miss most of February -- which includes a tricky away trip to Valencia and the 1st Leg of the Champions League Round of 16 (to be played 14,15,21, 22 February).
Real Madrid’s fixture list until end of February
Saturday November 26: Sporting Gijón (home)
Saturday December 3: Barcelona (away)
Saturday December 10: Deportivo (home)
Saturday January 7: Granada (home)
Sunday January 15: Sevilla (away)
Sunday January 22: Malaga (home)
Sunday January 29: Real Sociedad (home)
Sunday February 5: Celta Vigo (away)
Sunday February 12: Osasuna (away)
Wednesday February 15: Valencia (away)
Sunday February 19: Espanyol (home)
Sunday February 26: Villarreal (away)
Wednesday December 7: Borussia Dortmund (home)
February 14,15,21, 22: Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg:
Club World Cup (the final is on 18 December)
Thursday 15 December: semi-finals opponents TBA
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem