There was some good news for Real Madrid on Wednesday after the club confirmed that Gareth Bale faces a spell on the sidelines as Casemiro took part in full training with the squad at Valdebebas.
Casemiro on track for Sporting match
The midfielder, who has been out of action since suffering a fracture in his leg playing against Espanyol on September 18, could be in line for a return to the team for the match against Sporting Gijón this Saturday in the Bernabéu.
"I'm hungry to get back on the pitch"
Speaking to the club website after the session on Wednesday, Casemiro expressed his hope that he would be in action as quickly as possible. “I’m really happy to back training with the squad and I’m close to a return, I just have to get some rhythm back. I’m really hungry to get back on the pitch and to help my teammates to keep on the track we’re on. It’s been tough, but I’m happy to be back and looking to work hard.”
Pepe also completed the first part of Wednesday’s session as he continues his recovery from a hamstring problem.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu