Barral: Granada suspend striker over meal-time spat with Cuenca
The LaLiga club have opened disciplinary proceedings against David Barral after an altercation with colleague Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
Granada have suspended David Barral while they conduct an investigation into an altercation between the striker and winger Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
The LaLiga side confirmed the move on Wednesday, citing the "gravity of the incident", which occurred as the squad had lunch at the club's training ground.
Argument at post-training lunch
The physical confrontation is said to have come about after an initial verbal disagreement then saw Cuenca throw a glass of water over the 33-year-old.
Former Sporting Gijón and Levante forward Barral, who joined Granada in January, is understood to have responded by punching the Barcelona youth product.
Club-mates taken aback by clash
The pair's team-mates are apparently highly surprised by the spat, given that Barral and Cuenca are said to have become close off-field friends.
Neither player took part in training on Wednesday morning as the Andalusian club held meetings with both to seek explanations concerning the incident.
Granada propping up LaLiga
Granada, who replaced head coach Paco Jémez with Lucas Alcaraz in October, are winless so far in LaLiga this term and sit bottom of the table with just five points.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments