Barral: Granada suspend striker over meal-time spat with Cuenca
The LaLiga club have opened disciplinary proceedings against David Barral after an altercation with colleague Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
Granada have suspended David Barral while they conduct an investigation into an altercation between the striker and winger Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
The LaLiga side confirmed the move on Wednesday, citing the "gravity of the incident", which occurred as the squad had lunch at the club's training ground.
Argument at post-training lunch
The physical confrontation is said to have come about after an initial verbal disagreement then saw Cuenca throw a glass of water over the 33-year-old.
Former Sporting Gijón and Levante forward Barral, who joined Granada in January, is understood to have responded by punching the Barcelona youth product.
Club-mates taken aback by clash
The pair's team-mates are apparently highly surprised by the spat, given that Barral and Cuenca are said to have become close off-field friends.
Neither player took part in training on Wednesday morning as the Andalusian club held meetings with both to seek explanations concerning the incident.
Granada propping up LaLiga
Granada, who replaced head coach Paco Jémez with Lucas Alcaraz in October, are winless so far in LaLiga this term and sit bottom of the table with just five points.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Man City: Foden, not Kane, the best youngster I've seen - Walker
- Klopp laments 'not a good day' for football after Man City's CAS success
- Coronavirus IRS tax payment: is it possible to get an extension until 15 October?
- Coronavirus IRS tax payment: tips on how to pay online before 15 July deadline
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news