Barral: Granada suspend striker over meal-time spat with Cuenca
The LaLiga club have opened disciplinary proceedings against David Barral after an altercation with colleague Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
Granada have suspended David Barral while they conduct an investigation into an altercation between the striker and winger Isaac Cuenca on Monday.
The LaLiga side confirmed the move on Wednesday, citing the "gravity of the incident", which occurred as the squad had lunch at the club's training ground.
Argument at post-training lunch
The physical confrontation is said to have come about after an initial verbal disagreement then saw Cuenca throw a glass of water over the 33-year-old.
Former Sporting Gijón and Levante forward Barral, who joined Granada in January, is understood to have responded by punching the Barcelona youth product.
Club-mates taken aback by clash
The pair's team-mates are apparently highly surprised by the spat, given that Barral and Cuenca are said to have become close off-field friends.
Neither player took part in training on Wednesday morning as the Andalusian club held meetings with both to seek explanations concerning the incident.
Granada propping up LaLiga
Granada, who replaced head coach Paco Jémez with Lucas Alcaraz in October, are winless so far in LaLiga this term and sit bottom of the table with just five points.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?