Gareth Bale will undergo surgery on his right ankle after dislocating tendons against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League on Tuesday, Real Madrid have confirmed.
29 November operation
The operation will go ahead on 29 November at King Edward VII Hospital in London. Surgeon James Calder will perform the operation under the supervision of club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri.
Two to three months out
The news means that the Welshman is now expected to be out for two to three months, meaning he’ll definitely miss the rest of Real Madrid’s games this year, including El Clásico and the World Club Cup in December.
Late Jan/Early Feb return
All going well with his recuperation, the club will be targeting a return for Bale in late January/early February 2017 in time for the Champions League last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category