Gareth Bale will undergo surgery on his right ankle after dislocating tendons against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League on Tuesday, Real Madrid have confirmed.
29 November operation
The operation will go ahead on 29 November at King Edward VII Hospital in London. Surgeon James Calder will perform the operation under the supervision of club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri.
Two to three months out
The news means that the Welshman is now expected to be out for two to three months, meaning he’ll definitely miss the rest of Real Madrid’s games this year, including El Clásico and the World Club Cup in December.
Late Jan/Early Feb return
All going well with his recuperation, the club will be targeting a return for Bale in late January/early February 2017 in time for the Champions League last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi: Barcelona boss Koeman defends captain after red card
- BUNDESLIGA Jovic: I couldn't have imagined better Eintracht Frankfurt comeback
- Juventus 'couldn't have had a worse match' but Pirlo maintains lofty ambitions
- SERIE A Juventus ambitions intact despite Inter defeat, says Pirlo
- US News Who’s who in Biden’s science team and what does “elevated to cabinet” mean?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS When will Joe Biden's American Rescue Plan be approved?