Gareth Bale will undergo surgery on his right ankle after dislocating tendons against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League on Tuesday, Real Madrid have confirmed.
29 November operation
The operation will go ahead on 29 November at King Edward VII Hospital in London. Surgeon James Calder will perform the operation under the supervision of club doctors Jesús Olmo and Mikel Aramberri.
Two to three months out
The news means that the Welshman is now expected to be out for two to three months, meaning he’ll definitely miss the rest of Real Madrid’s games this year, including El Clásico and the World Club Cup in December.
Late Jan/Early Feb return
All going well with his recuperation, the club will be targeting a return for Bale in late January/early February 2017 in time for the Champions League last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby