Gareth Bale gives fans injury update prior to surgery trip
The Welshman communicated for the first time time since finding out the bad news on Thursday that he'll require an operation and be out injured for up to three months.
Gareth Bale will travel to London in the coming days where he is to undergo surgery on his right ankle after rupturing tendons in Real Madrid’s midweek Champions League win over Sporting.
Bale discovered on Thursday the news that he, the club and Los Blancos fans feared most – that the Welshman will require an operation and could be ruled out for up to three months.
"Ankle is feeling ok"
On Friday, Bale sent out his first message to supporters since finding out the bad news, uploading a photo of his ankle elevated and strapped up alongside the words: “Thanks for all the messages! Ankle is feeling ok. I'll be doing everything I can to get back on the pitch ASAP”.
The Madrid forward will be operated on by surgeon James Calder on November 29 at the King Edward VII Hospital.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem