Ramos will miss El Clásico if he is booked against Sporting Gijón
The Real Madrid captain picked up four bookings in the first six games of the LaLiga season and hasn't played in the league since then, leaving him at risk of missing the game at Barça.
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
Sergio Ramos is at risk of missing el Clásico. The Real Madrid centre-back, who’s set to start Real Madrid's home game verus Sporting Gijón on Saturday (16:15 CET), has already accumulated four yellow cards in LaLiga this season and a fifth this weekend would mean he'd be suspended for his side's trip to Camp Nou on December 3.
Zinedine Zidane may have chosen to rest Ramos against Gijón taking this possibility into account, however, with the news that Raphael Varane is a major doubt with injury and Pepe still not having played since returning to training, a Ramos appearance seems unavoidable.
4 bookings in first 5 games
The Real Madrid defender then will have to try his best to stay out of the book on Saturday -- something which he hasn't been so good at this season, or that said, in his career.
Amazingly, Ramos received all four of his bookings in the first five LaLiga games of the campaign (Real Sociedad, Osasuna, Espanyol and Villarreal). After escaping a card in Las Palmas, Ramos has missed all of Madrid’s league games since then (Betis, Athletic, Alavés, Leganés and Atletico), leaving him in the predicament he faces now.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem