Ramos will miss El Clásico if he is booked against Sporting Gijón
The Real Madrid captain picked up four bookings in the first six games of the LaLiga season and hasn't played in the league since then, leaving him at risk of missing the game at Barça.
- Coverage reschudeled match of LaLiga Santander: Celta-Real Madrid live .
Sergio Ramos is at risk of missing el Clásico. The Real Madrid centre-back, who’s set to start Real Madrid's home game verus Sporting Gijón on Saturday (16:15 CET), has already accumulated four yellow cards in LaLiga this season and a fifth this weekend would mean he'd be suspended for his side's trip to Camp Nou on December 3.
Zinedine Zidane may have chosen to rest Ramos against Gijón taking this possibility into account, however, with the news that Raphael Varane is a major doubt with injury and Pepe still not having played since returning to training, a Ramos appearance seems unavoidable.
4 bookings in first 5 games
The Real Madrid defender then will have to try his best to stay out of the book on Saturday -- something which he hasn't been so good at this season, or that said, in his career.
Amazingly, Ramos received all four of his bookings in the first five LaLiga games of the campaign (Real Sociedad, Osasuna, Espanyol and Villarreal). After escaping a card in Las Palmas, Ramos has missed all of Madrid’s league games since then (Betis, Athletic, Alavés, Leganés and Atletico), leaving him in the predicament he faces now.
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?