Kompany out for up to six weeks as injury nightmare continues
The Belgian defender has had his fair share of injury problems and Manchester City and Pep Guardiola have given the 30-year-old until the end of the season to regain full fitness
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is set for yet another spell on the sidelines after sustaining knee ligament damage, his manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday.
"It is a ligament problem. He will be four to six weeks out," Guardiola told reporters.
British media reported that there remains a firm desire from the defender and Guardiola to try to re-establish him in the first-team and the former Barcelona manager has decided to give Kompany until the end of the season to prove his fitness.
Further injury problems
Striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Burnley after sustaining a foot problem in Wednesday's Champions League draw with German side Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Te recomendamos en English
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Kobe Bryant tragedy: "Heartbroken" LeBron James breaks silence
- KOBE BRYANT (1978-2020) Lakers-Clippers clash postponed by NBA after Kobe Bryant death
- FA Cup Liverpool face potential Chelsea clash in FA Cup fifth round
- REAL MADRID Courtois: "It's special to play for Zidane as he was always a role model"
- ARSENAL Pablo Marí's Arsenal move on verge of collapse
- BUNDESLIGA Hertha Berlin sign Tousart, loan midfielder back to Lyon