Kompany out for up to six weeks as injury nightmare continues
The Belgian defender has had his fair share of injury problems and Manchester City and Pep Guardiola have given the 30-year-old until the end of the season to regain full fitness
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany is set for yet another spell on the sidelines after sustaining knee ligament damage, his manager Pep Guardiola said on Friday.
"It is a ligament problem. He will be four to six weeks out," Guardiola told reporters.
British media reported that there remains a firm desire from the defender and Guardiola to try to re-establish him in the first-team and the former Barcelona manager has decided to give Kompany until the end of the season to prove his fitness.
Further injury problems
Striker Sergio Aguero is a doubt for Saturday's trip to Burnley after sustaining a foot problem in Wednesday's Champions League draw with German side Borussia Moenchengladbach.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA: When does Trump want schools to reopen?
- Man City 4-0 Newcastle Mahrez goal sees Man City break new ground in Premier League
- World Cup 2022 World Cup 2022: environmentally friendly vehicles for the fans
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool's Rhian Brewster has “shown his talent” as Klopp looks to put faith in youngsters
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: Trump says a second package will come "very soon"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham: Mourinho tells Spurs players that attitude "is non-negotiable"