Atlético Madrid are monitoring Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar, a versatile midfielder who is enjoying a great start to the season with seven goals and two assists so far despite being played on the wing by Leonardo Jardim instead of his usual position in the centre of midfield.
Atlético offer rebuffed
L’Equipe has reported that Atlético made an approach for Lemar in August, tabling a bid of 20 million euros for the 21-year-old France international.
35 million euros
Goal have now added that Atlético scouts are keep tabs on the player and have even suggested he could be a replacement for Antoine Griezmann if the striker decides to leave the club. However, Monaco are intent on picking up a fee of 35 million euros for Lemar, who will not lack other suitors after his eye-catching performances in Ligue 1 and the Champions League this season.
However, Monaco and Atlético maintain a friendly relationship after the Madrid side sold Radamel Falcao to the Ligue 1 club, who returned the favour by selling Yannick Carrasco to Atlético in 2015.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane